Assessment of wind actions on structures; static, dynamic and aerolastic; is classical engineering challenge. Among the other workers in field, WSP Finland has reputation on delivering best solutions for precise wind-induced vibration studies of biggest bridges and high-rise buildings; and bringing implications into attention of project team in most useful way.
We usually work as an expert in project consortium and cover all wind-related services. Our clients represent globally both private and public sector.
Fields of specialization
- Precise calculation of vibration of large structures for major actions of wind (assisted by BWIND-3 analysis code)
- Aero elastic wind-tunnel testing of bridges, high-rises, roof and special structures
- Extraction of static equivalent design loads for simplified structural analysis
- Vibration comfort criteria assessments
- Wind mapping for city planning and architectural design
- Wind and turbulence measurements
- Wind-induced fatigue analysis
- Local peal pressure assessments for cladding design
- Research, monitoring and verification calculations