The advantage of GIS sytems is in the way spatial information is combined with attribute data. GIS can perform this task better and faster than traditional methods and can provide access to a vastly greater array of data.
WSP offers specific advice and expertise using GIS in the following areas of our work:
- Urban and regional planning
- Development planning
- Transportation and logistics
- Renewable natural resources management
- Environmental impact analysis
- Utilities mapping
- Asset management
- Urban planning and modelling - including 3D town models
- Infrastructure management
- Vehicle routing and scheduling
- Surveying and mapping
- Highway engineering
WSP provides a wide range of GIS related-services:
- Geodetic measurements
- Airborne and terrestrial laser scanning
- Digital photogrammetry
- Satellite images and remote analysis
- Mobile mapping
- Visualisation and virtual reality
GIS enable WSP to provide value-added products by linking individual model results from standalone modelling packages in a single software environment and providing a more advanced output.
WSP continues to invest in hardware, datasets, training and development in GIS which means that we are continually creating innovative applications. The GIS team develops customised desktop GIS user interfaces, server based applications, and web mapping sites to support WSP user and client requirements.