Fire engineering offers strategies to achieve safe, efficient solutions where standard code designs are unduly onerous with respect to cost, design or operational constraints. This discipline is recognised internationally as the only way to develop an efficient, safe fire strategy in large or complex buildings. It is now common place for a fire engineer to be appointed to projects.
Our dedicated team is part of a global network with some 100 qualified and experienced fire engineers. We have specialist practices in Stockholm, Oslo, London, Manchester, Johannesburg, Hong Kong and Singapore supporting projects around the world through our network of teams based in the UK, Europe, Middle East, China, the USA and South Africa.
We deliver specialist services in the areas of:
- Buildings design
- Fire Risk Assessment support
- Fire code development support for governments and private clients
- Advice to the Rail, Tunnels and Marine sectors
- Support to the Nuclear and Petroleum sectors
- Conditions surveys and support to the Insurance Industry
Key areas of support include:
- Means of escape analyses (including extreme event analyses)
- Fire fighter access and provisions
- Fire and smoke development
- Structural fire protection and compartmentation advice
- Fire suppression and fire alarm system design and specification
- Innovative smoke control strategies
- Structural fire calculation and design of passive structural protection
- Education and courses in fire engineering and general fire safety
- Forensic engineering and expert witness
Our global team of specialists has a track record for delivering innovation in fire engineering design on major projects around the world. Our team has been the first to introduce complex fire engineering strategies in difficult approvals regimes and an understanding of the national markets in which they work is an absolute requirement.