WSP's expertise is applied to the creation of new major townships that will become substantially self sufficient work-place and lifestyle communities. The same skills are applied to the regeneration of existing urban areas and to development projects on a more local scale.
Our 600-strong team of dedicated experts is able to respond rapidly to deliver solutions to development planning challenges of any scale in any location. Our key skills include:
- Integrated transport
- Highway design
- Flood studies and drainage
- Detailed engineering design of development areas
- Environmental assessment
- Expert witness (planning inquiries)
- Regulator negotiations
- Public consultation
- Commercial awareness
In offering our core skills we:
- apply innovative techniques that we have developed to our engineering and transportation analyses and designs
- work cross-discipline and with co-professionals on the design team to produce integrated solutions
- invest in leading edge technical software and associated training
To keep up with the regulatory requirements, we are represented on technical advisory committees and in industry bodies and are appointed to EU and Government research projects.
Our business philosophy is based on the consideration that to provide development solutions in a global market, local experience is essential and we engage it.
Our business approach always takes into consideration the latest policy and regulatory guidance alongside technical best practice to provide innovative solutions.
WSP facilitates the development of land previously considered uneconomic or too technically challenging to develop whilst maximising the return on the financial investment in the project to create a lasting legacy of social and environmental improvement.