This license recognizes WSP’s extensive local and global experience as well as our successful history of rendering Fire & Life Safety Engineering services in the United Arab Emirates. The House of Expertise recognition allows for greater interface with Abu Dhabi Civil Defence, while certifying WSP for the following services:
- Development of Fire & Life Safety strategies for buildings, infrastructure and master-plan developments.
- General Fire & Life Safety code Consulting
- Review and certification of Fire & Life Safety strategies and drawings
- Review and certification of Fire & Life Safety system design, including sprinkler, fire alarm, smoke control and hydrants.
- Liaison with Abu Dhabi Civil Defence on behalf of clients.
- Field inspection and testing of passive and active system installation.
- Third party commissioning oversight of active smoke control, fire alarm and sprinkler systems
WSP was the first multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to establish a permanent, dedicated Fire & Life Safety team in the United Arab Emirates and have provided Fire & Life Safety engineering services on iconic and innovative developments in Abu Dhabi since 2004 and in the United Arab Emirates, and the wider Middle East region since 2002. Current project locations include Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt, Jordan and Syria.
The WSP Fire & Life Safety Engineering team remain the largest and most respected team in the UAE with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah, The team works closely with the local approval authorities, clients, engineers and architects to offer an unparalleled level of local delivery and approvals support in one of the most dynamic environments in the world.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire & Life Safety Engineering Services Within WSP
Since establishing a dedicated Fire & Life Safety team in 2001, WSP has won respect as world leaders in fire engineering design and innovation. The team comprises 150 staff in 30 offices around the world with project experience that spans every sector of the built environment and includes projects in the Middle East, UK, Europe, USA, Africa and Asia.
Our team has been developed to capitalise on the specific skills of each member of staff whilst ensuring that we operate as a global network, delivering the highest levels of expertise through local teams.
The aim of the team is to deliver innovation whilst ensuring that every solution we develop is:
- Tailored specifically to each individual project
- Practical to achieve
- Works in harmony with the design of the scheme including architectural, structural and building services integration
- Respects and enhances the functional and operational characteristics of the project
- Creates a safe environment
- Delivers a significant value enhancements to our clients.
WSP Fire is committed to delivering fire engineering solutions through local teams, with local knowledge. This local capability is supported by a truly global offering that is second to none.