Our key service offerings include:-
- Calculation of demands and loads for all utilities
- Hydraulic modelling of the potable water, irrigation, sewerage and storm water networks
- Design and analysis of electrical & telecom networks and demands
- Design and analysis of the hydraulic models based on the calculated demands
- Study of options for waste water treatments and new water saving technologies
- Study of substation location and loading capacities for the development
- Coordination with the local authorities and local consultants for authority approvals
- Study of opportunities and constraints concerning the site location and available services
- Preparation of utility cross section based on the local standards meeting the authority requirements
- Coordination with the local authorities to obtain No Objection Certificates (NOCs) for the concept design and demand calculations
- Detailed design of all utilities with accompanying detail design report.
For major infrastructure projects the wet services comprise potable water supply, sewer, storm water, fire fighting and irrigation systems. In addition to these fixed assets there are also considerations for grey water recycling and other sustainable water systems. Within the wet services our skills include:
- Potable water transmission and distribution systems design and analysis including pumping systems.
- Sewerage collection systems including pumping and treatment processes for re-use of water. Within the treatment processes WSP can advise on appropriate types of system and the system requirements.
- Storm water collection systems designed to the local climatic conditions, project land use and terrain. WSP can design collection systems, storage systems, pumping systems if required and sustainable drainage systems.
- Irrigation and fire fighting systems design including storage requirements, pumping requirements and hydraulic analysis.
The typical dry services for any project include electricity (both LV and HV), street lighting and telecommunications (both landline and GSM). Our skills in these dry services include:
- Electricity – calculation of demand loads, design of distribution systems and layouts for substations and reservation corridors.
- Street lighting designs can be prepared for new schemes and alterations to existing schemes.
- Telecommunications systems can be designed in conjunction with the service providers for both new projects and amendments to existing plant.