Senior Materials Engineer (Qatar)
Middle East - Qatar - Doha
As part of WSP Middle East strategic growth plans we have exciting opportunities to join the Supervision team in Qatar.
The Senior Material Engineer has overall responsibility for ensuring that the quality of materials used in the permanent works complying with the specified requirements and reports to the Resident Engineer or Senior Resident Engineer.
The Senior Materials Engineer
• Ensures that only specified materials are used in the works.
• Reviews contract documents, cross referencing specifications, bills of quantities and drawings to ensure consistency of material requirements.
• Establishes a material schedule for the contract with the contractor covering all materials to be installed in the works.
• Establishes dates when specific materials are required and lead times, therefore determining dates when submissions and approvals are required.
• Establishes material submission procedures, which will entail standard forms including sections for comments/endorsements, references to specification clauses, drawings, bill of quantity items, standards, and a manufacturer’ compliance statement.
• Evaluates materials used in the works to verify suitability.
• Monitors delivery, storage and handling of materials.
• Witnesses sampling and testing of materials.
• Highlights any shortcomings of any element of materials from delivery to suitability.
• BEng /BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with minimum 20 years’ experience
• Chartered preferred
• Regional experience preferred
• Experience and proven ability to supervise projects and project team
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office
• Experience of associated discipline software.
• Client Relationships
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Commercial Acumen
• Technical Capability & Delivery
• Adaptability & Learning
To express your interest in the above vacancy, please apply via our website. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 8 weeks, please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. However we will keep your details on file for any possible future opportunities.