In recent years the waste management legal framework in South Africa has aligned itself with international practice. Increasing regulatory pressure, international market obligations and the high- and rising cost of disposal and production raw materials has prompted industry to change their way of thinking, and move towards more sustainable waste management practices.
Our technically robust and commercially focused solutions include:
- Compliance support
- Facility site selection and design, permitting, monitoring and auditing
- Green procurement advice
- Identifying and transferring liabilities arising from waste
- Industrial waste management systems
- Recycling and reuse plans and advice
- Resource efficiency
- Sustainable waste management and strategy development
- Waste classification and toxicology studies
- Waste minimisation advice and waste Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO) studies
- Waste stream analysis and advice on process modification
- Waste Treatment Technology Feasibility Studies.
These solutions are designed to help organisations across the world meet the challenges of:
- Eliminating or reducing waste at source
- Increasing recovery and recycling rates
- Reducing hazardous content in waste
- Reducing the business costs of managing and disposing of waste
- Reusing waste.
In addition, the implementation of these initiatives also helps organisations to meet domestic and international regulatory requirements for safe and legal disposals. WSP provides waste and resource management consultancy to a variety of organisations including Governments, investors, developers and corporations from all over the world.
For more information on projects related to this service, please visit WSP Environmental’s website.