Increasing regulatory compliance requirements for monitoring, control, and reporting of environmental, health & safety performance is placing demands on companies’ resources. Clients and regulators increasingly view certified management systems as an effective tool for managing regulatory risks and an essential indicator of good business management.
Whether aligning to external standards, corporate requirements or internal standards it is WSP’s experience that a well-designed EMS can differentiate companies from their competitors in the marketplace and protect against future liabilities.
Our approach includes providing support throughout the design, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of management systems.
How we help:
Systems gap analysis, audit and review
- Evaluation of existing systems
- Pre-certification audits and internal audit program support
- Optimization systems reviews
Detailed systems design
- Risk identification and evaluation
- Compliance support
- Key performance indicator development and tracking tools
- Documentation development
- Strategy and governance structure advice
- Training and capacity building
- Supply chain management processes
- Integration of EMS with other internal company processes and systems
Ongoing system support
- Meeting facilitation
- Internal and second party auditing and review
- Refresher training
- Additional support can be provided through regular coaching sessions and workshops.