The primary service objective of WSP’s remediation engineers is to help clients achieve successful business outcomes by developing and implementing solutions that provide our clients the best protection from risk and the greatest overall cost savings by managing, reducing, or eliminating financial and legal liabilities associated with environmentally affected properties.
WSP employs 30 full-time remediation engineers in the US. Nearly half of our engineers have practiced engineering for over 15 years, and several have been in practice for over 20 years. Our engineers are licensed in 42 states and are educated and trained in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering. Our engineers do what’s best for the client by applying remediation technologies only when:
- They are confident the technologies will be successful.
- The remediation supports the overall project objectives and business needs of the client.
Our remediation engineering services are derived from the abilities and experience of our engineers, who are experts in remediating environmental contaminants in soil, sediment, water, and infrastructure. Consequently, our engineers are highly skilled at:
- Evaluating and recommending the right remediation tools that focus on meeting client’s business needs while helping them manage risk.
- Designing, specifying, constructing, and implementing remedies tailored to the client’s needs.
WSP’s main purpose is to provide pragmatic solutions focused on meeting the client’s business needs while helping them manage risk. Our engineers use the “toolbox” approach to remediation engineering; they evaluate as many as tools as possible and recommend the best tool, or combination of tools, to our clients.
Our specialized remediation engineering services include:
- Strategic Project Analysis and Management Consulting
- Remediation Liability Analysis and Quantification
- Conceptual and Final Remedy Design
- Selection and Specification of Treatment, Transfer, and Process Control Equipment
- Feasibility Studies, Bench Scale Testing, and Pilot Testing
- Permit Application Preparation, Negotiation, and Monitoring
- Estimating and Cost Control
- Bid Management and Evaluation
- Contract Negotiation and Preparation
- Construction Planning and Scheduling
- Construction Supervision and Inspection
Our focus on innovation sets us apart in many ways, especially through:
- Developing remediation strategies that utilize innovative technologies or that implement conventional technologies and practices in an innovative way.
- Analyzing and selecting options in a way that complements technology rather than being limited by it.
Above all else, our engineers believe effective remediation strategies provide our clients the best protection from risk and the greatest overall cost savings.