The Mariner Townhouses, Docklands
The apartments are an even mix of 1 and 2 bedrooms ranging from 40-
60m2. Town houses are located at the edge of the tower development and comprise 3 levels.
The development design aim was to provide improved living conditions which are durable and sustainable without compromising value for money.
WSP Lincolne Scott and Built Ecology provided an integrated solutions approach to the project, meeting the client’s objective and providing a superior sustainable residential solution. Key engineering and environmental initiatives undertaken in the project are:
- A naturally ventilated undercroft carpark for 27 cars to be provided at ground level
- High efficiency water fixtures and fittings supplied throughout the development
- Solar heated water with gas backup provided for all apartments
- Extensive optimisation of glazing and facade to provide natural daylight penetration to more than 60% of all living areas
- Localised rainwater harvesting for each town house
- Major electrical infrastructure planning to establish a substation which caters for Lot J and the marina development
The Mariner development achieved an Award of Merit under the Docklands ESD assessment tool. Through extensive optimisation of the building fabric, the development is also targeting a 9 Star FirstRate rating representing the top end of
FirstRate’s residential rating.